Help!Comodo free has frozen my pc

jemster

Beta member
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me to resolve this.

I have just installed Comodo Free Internet Security on my own pc (this is my partner's) and now less than five minutes after I log it on my mouse pad and key board freeze and I can't do anything.

I tried to get as far as control panel to uninstall comodo but it freezes before that point.

I was very careful when searching for the download as have had problems previously with downloads from cnet which seems now to include all sorts of stuff. I went to what I believe was the official site to download it.

My pc is windows 8. I can't see anything on my desktop relating to comodo that I can quickly click and disable but I've not had this pc very long and still getting used to windows 8 so may be missing something.

Can anyone help me?

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me to resolve this.

I have just installed Comodo Free Internet Security on my own pc (this is my partner's) and now less than five minutes after I log it on my mouse pad and key board freeze and I can't do anything.

I tried to get as far as control panel to uninstall comodo but it freezes before that point.

I was very careful when searching for the download as have had problems previously with downloads from cnet which seems now to include all sorts of stuff. I went to what I believe was the official site to download it.

My pc is windows 8. I can't see anything on my desktop relating to comodo that I can quickly click and disable but I've not had this pc very long and still getting used to windows 8 so may be missing something.

Can anyone help me?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows-8/ss/windows-8-safe-mode.htm
Read this guide carefully and yes go through the pages so you will know how to initiate safe mode in 8 or 8.1.
Once you get access wait for the desktop to load, hit the star button, go click on search.
You type control panel, click that once and wait for it to open.
Navigate to add and remove programs find the program that is comodo and attempt to remove it by its default uninstaller.

May I ask if you have any other antivirus/firewall suite that would conflict with comodo ?

thank you Mike for your quick reply.

I have not long had the pc and it came with trail McAfee which expires - can't remember now if it expired yesterday or today which is why I downloaded comodo. I have had comodo on my old pc for years and been really happy with it and never a problem. I should have made sure all traces of McAfee were gone beforehand from the sound of it??

:)

thank you Mike for your quick reply.

I have not long had the pc and it came with trail McAfee which expires - can't remember now if it expired yesterday or today which is why I downloaded comodo. I have had comodo on my old pc for years and been really happy with it and never a problem. I should have made sure all traces of McAfee were gone beforehand from the sound of it??

:)

Yes, you should have removed McAfee completely before installing Comodo. I recommend using McAfee's removal tool though, not just the uninstall option from the Programs & Features within Control Panel.

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)

Step 1 is to uninstall McAfee. Step 2 is to run the removal tool.

You'll want to do this in Safe Mode if you can, as well as uninstalling Comodo as Mike suggested.

UPDATE -

just to let you know after I cleaned off every trace of comodo and mcafee I then reinstalled comodo again. After about 10 minutes I began experiencing the same problems with the mouse pad and key board freezing.

I did a google on the issue and found other people had had the same problem with comodo, something related to the Geekbuddy causing issues.

I wiped it off again and then downloaded AVG which I've never used but have heard good things about and so far no problems at all.

Fingers crossed!!

UPDATE -

just to let you know after I cleaned off every trace of comodo and mcafee I then reinstalled comodo again. After about 10 minutes I began experiencing the same problems with the mouse pad and key board freezing.

I did a google on the issue and found other people had had the same problem with comodo, something related to the Geekbuddy causing issues.

I wiped it off again and then downloaded AVG which I've never used but have heard good things about and so far no problems at all.

Fingers crossed!!

Hmm why not opt into using windows defender that came installed with 8 ?
https://shop.eset.co.uk/Checkout/Cart
Also you could look into this never had a problem with eset and since this is for your business.
That would benefit you better in the long run, 49.99 euros 2 year license agreement ?

You could get away with murder and save some good money with that deal.
Good luck to you none the less.

Back
Top Bottom