Help! - Can't open My Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahrena

Beta member
I've been experiencing a strange problem lately. All of a sudden, I can't access any files through My Documents, My Computer, Windows Explorer, Recycle Bin, etc. In other words, I can't see what's been saved in my computer! Also... when I try to open these files, they fail to open and an error message pops up, saying that the Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger has failed and it prompts me to send an error message. Then, I can't open anything until I press ctrl-alt-del and end task "dtrwtsn32". I've searched throughout the internet and seen other forums with people experiencing similar problems, and the main suggestions have been to run AdAware and Spybot , which I've done. The problem still persists, however. Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks a lot.

Not been funny but it sounds like your computer needs formatting and a clean install to be done. My friend had a problem like that not long ago and he too searched everywhere and found nothing. He eventually took it to a computer repair store and they told him it need reformatting.

thats something really bad
all the suggestion above is basically your last resort
but try this, i've been telling alot of people to do this for everything lately but it solves alot of problem

try using your windows cd and repair windows
oh yeah, is this win xp? or 98se?

Thanks your help, but I got it working through a series of HijackThis logs at another site. It took about 5 logs to get rid of everything, but it started to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom