Hello world Virus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillstalker

Baseband Member
Hi guys, recently my computer went really slow on the internet, after that i started getting pop-ups and abode reader opened up with HELLO WORLD! written in big letters, eventually the screen went fuzzy, no BSOD, and shut down. This all happened in the space of about 2 hours.
When i then tried to turn the computer back on, after the windows loading screen it just went black. I could CTRL ALT DEL and it would all be windows, but the desktop just did not show. I then tried entering in safe mode, but the same happened and so after a few tries of that i grew impatient and entered BIOS and used system restore. I now have the computer up and running again but sometimes when i search for something, like say this site, instead of it taking me to tech forums it takes me to "eyes on the web" website, and when i click back it takes me to ask jeeves instead of google?

If anyone has any idea what is happening and could help it would be much appreciated, i simply don't believe the virus is gone.
Thanks in advance,
Chillstalker

Go into Safe Mode with Networking and go to this site and follow the appropriate guide.

Spyware Asylum

You are infected and you have to get clean.

Hi, first of all thank you so much for your reply.
I tried that spyware asylum, i click windows 7 and full scan, downloaded the combofix but when i run it i get a blue box in the middle of computer saying it needs to shout down.
Also i can't seem to put my computer into safe mode! :S when i choose safe mode or safe mode with networking the computer simply restarts itself and loads normally. As again i would really appreciate your input into this.
Regards, Chillstalker

I can't seem to get into safe mode. Also i tried malwarebytes, it found 1 object which my other things couldn't seem to find, so thank you :). I do have STOPzilla which i bought a few months back, but that seems to find the same infected items every time i reboot, even though i have deleted them? Just to add, i dont think i will have any look with Combofix, it just seems to hate my computer :(

Chillstalker

I've found for almost any related issue Malwarebytes once a month (or once a week if your a hardcore web surfer) keeps a computer happy. For real bad infections I'll run malwarebytes followed by a superantispyware scan, then remove superantispyware. I haven't had an actual antivirus program installed on my machines in years...but then again, I'm mostly gaming.

As he said, try a Malwarebytes scan. Other than that, try finding a site where people analyze your HiJackThis log for you and submit yours there, they'll take care of it.
Other than that, you could try Comodo, which is a firewall. It might at least help prevent you from further harm, and I can recommend getting it.

We will analyze the HiJack Logs right here. But since I have not seen any logs there is nothing i can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom