have rootkit infection

some one said if i delete all any partitons, recreate partitions, and reformat this will get rid of the rootkit. i know nothing about computers, so does anyone know exactly step by step how to do this? :neutral:thanks
Hi Phillybadboy,
The first step to fix any kind of virus issues is to restart your computer in safe mode. You may tap the F8 key while restarting to get to safe mode or safemode with networking. Most viruses are less active in safe mode. Then download the tools like tdsskiller and hitmanpro. Scan your computer with these tools and restart your pc. If the above tools fail, then download Combofix and give a try. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. ^ And to help convince you to take action on this matter, I would like to add that rootkits are designed to do two things: 1. Hide from you, and 2. Make your system do something it really isn't supposed to do. I've had rootkits that crippled my system so badly, only a complete deletion of ALL my partitions and a reinstall of my OS successfully got rid of them. I strongly recommend doing whatever you can to remove them; rootkits can be particularly nasty, and there are a slew of different ones designed to do different things.

Back
Top Bottom