Hacker Gets Record 13-Year Sentence for Hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Hacker Gets Record 13-Year Sentence for Hacking

Hacker Max Ray Vision (yes, seriously) was sentenced to a prison term of 13 years and ordered to pay restitution of $27.5 million bucks for stealing credit card numbers and selling them. He also set the record for the longest sentence for hacking in US history, though Wired thinks this will be eclipsed by Albert Gonzalez next month.

Vision, who changed his name from Max Butler shortly before his arrest, ran an online forum for thousands of identity thieves called CardersMarket, where he sold credit card magstripe data to the underground for about $20 a card. He was caught with 1.8 million stolen credit card numbers belonging to a thousand different banks, who tallied the fraudulent charges on the cards at $86.4 million.

I don't know so much about illegal and legal stuff when it comes to software. ? whats consider illegal? because there are websites where you can download free software that can cost good money. for example REMOVED LINK and torrent.. can you get in trouble for downloading stuff from those sites ??

I don't know so much about illegal and legal stuff when it comes to software. ? whats consider illegal? because there are websites where you can download free software that can cost good money. for example *snipped* and torrent.. can you get in trouble for downloading stuff from those sites ??
Answer is YES. It is your responsibility to don't download illegal content even when it is available for download.

Yeah of course. Though actually I think it's legal so long as you don't use the program/watch the video/play the game (the responsibility is with the uploader), but it's kinda difficult to prove that to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom