Got a trojan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
screen55.jpg

If i right click on it i get a delete option but i think thats just deleting it from the virus vault and not from my machine?

What do i do :confused:

Post a HiJackThis log in the proper area of the Virus section, and MicroBell will assist you through removing it.

ok ive just done a system restore and the file that i believe to be the offending trojan isnt there anymore, does this mean ive got rid of it?

it shouldnt be in the system, because it hasnt had a long time to migrate into other files of the system. Scan for viruses to be 100% sure. Also try the online scanners.

System Restore doesn't do anything to remove a virus. It simply restores how your computer was earlier, but doesn't erase anything that you have added since.

I have found that AVG is not the greatest at getting rid of a virus.

Like talldude said, use a couple of online scanners to try to get rid of it. You can also do it manually by deleting the file it is in.

Trotter,

one question for you:

with online scanners, does it actually remove the viruses/spyware, or just say "please purchase software to remove virus"?

yeah im sure thats what the online things say as i did one the other day and above the box where it was scanning it had a banner and when you click on it, it went to a site with malware/trojan software that you had to buy, so i think most are just scanners that tell you your pc has 1million problems and that you should buy there software to delete it all!!:rolleyes:

Trotter said:
System Restore doesn't do anything to remove a virus. It simply restores how your computer was earlier, but doesn't erase anything that you have added since.

I have found that AVG is not the greatest at getting rid of a virus.

Like talldude said, use a couple of online scanners to try to get rid of it. You can also do it manually by deleting the file it is in.

you say doesnt erase anything ive added since? well i installed the newest build of windows live messenger and after i did system restore i had the old build agian so i had to re-download it, plus like i said before the file that housed the trojan isnt there anymore either, so i dont think ive still got it anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom