Got this ad thing popping up nonstop

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
Put a screenshot of the popup with a tab that just wont go away, Did a virus scan and ran mailwarebytes and nothing is found but get this, It ONLY is on the TF page, if I go to any other website it goes away, I come back here then it comes back?????? That's the thing confusing me. Any one have any ideas on this pest.
Just found out it also appears on Photobucket too but no other pages I've come across. Seems to be a selective annoyance.

Dauntae

see the arrow and the word deal on the right and side
Screenshot9.png

and this happens when i run the mouse over the arrow, Makes scrolling pages a real PITA
Screenshot8.png

Check your Chrome extensions to see if something snuck in that way.

And go through your Programs & Features list manually to see if there's something there.

No extensions at all LOL looked and relooked, Also looked at recently installed programs and nothing unknown, This sucker is sneaky

Got it fixed the easy way, Just uninstalled Chrome and del all settings and reinstalled it, All is well. Save bookmarks so nothing lost.

Thanks

Try running AdwCleaner and see if it picks it up.

Edit: saw your post too late lol.

LOL no problem, Just found it funny it only came up on certain sites, I belong to many forums and this is the only one I seen it on then photobucket. Very strange.

Well scratch that, It just came back...... WTF time to start over searching.

Well scratch that, It just came back...... WTF time to start over searching.

Well, then my previous suggestion of running AdwCleaner still stands :p.

Run HiJackThis (from SourceForge) and post the log here, as well.

I'll post up a little later on with that, Have a lot going on ATM and I have been on and off running scans. Considering a fresh install of windows for a while, Been quit some time since it's been done so thinking this might be a good excuse to do it but would still like to find what is doing this.

Did a long over due fresh install of windows, I forgot how smooth and fast everything was supposed to be LOL. Got the steam folder on the D drive connected and all my games are ready to play. Just have to reinstall BF4 and farcry from uplay

Back
Top Bottom