Google links redirecting to ad-sites. No viruses detected?..weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

That1Kid

Baseband Member
Lately google search links have been redirecting me to sites with nothing but random ads. No pop-ups, just one site with an ad. I close firefox, run ccleaner, re-start firefox and I'm still redirected. Sometimes after running cleanup! and restarting my computer, the redirecting stops, but it always returns relatively quickly. I don't get ads when I go to a specific site via the address bar, only when clicking on google links.

I ran a full scan with Avira Antivirus, and Malwarebytes. They both detected nothing malicious.

I could use some advice on what I should do next. Thanks for the help, guys.

I've dealt with something similar but my issue was a root kit, the cleaners would get rid of the problem but upon a reboot or two the infection would reinstall its self.

If I where you one of the things I'd try would be backing up any bookmarks and completly uninstalling firefox, scan in safe mode. I would tell you to also google some rootkit detecters but Malewarebytes usually does a good job of this though. If that doesnt work you could try being more aggresive with combofix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom