A good anti virus and firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
Howdy i am after a decent firewall and antivirus at the mo i have norton which works fine apart from uninstalling issues. I was just wondering if anybody knows of a maybe cheaper one but it has to be good. I have tried zonealarm but had issues with my ping for some reason . thx

well once installed the new version of hotmail windows live would not open at all. As soon as I uninstalled it then the problem disappeared...it was an odd occurrence maybe its been fixed now I was using version 2006 of panda. Although I do know panda have a good record and their software is very user friendly.

umm, well i'm not very up to date on hotmail or windows live... as i don't use either of them. what i can tell you is, Panda seems to shut down certain services for security reasons. that's a big plus in my book! :)

McAfee has an alright anitvirus and firewall. I believe it was ranked 5th best. ( I have no clue who ranked the programs though) System 6 seems like it is alright too.

McAfee has an alright anitvirus and firewall. I believe it was ranked 5th best. ( I have no clue who ranked the programs though) System 6 seems like it is alright too.

McAfee is terrible avoid at all costs, its a resource hog and can cause BSOD and shutdowns with dodgy patches and updates. I agree they do have a high detection rate but if the software is crap and slowing down your system Id go with something more reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom