Gaobot Virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolly

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have the Gaobot virus & got details off Symantec on how to remove it but i've just realised that there were a few of these "gaobot" viruses in the last month. I have to figure out which one i have now before taking steps to remove it. The symantec site has steps how to remove it but does anybody here know how i can find out with version of the virus i have.

Once a day the box pops up alright with the virus name, but its popped up already today before i knew it had different versions..

I want to fix this ASAP so if anybody knows how to figure out what version of this virus i have, i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks, i did the security scan & it said IÂ’m safe but for some strange reason a system error comes up when I try the virus detection..

Welcome to the forums lolly!

Anyways, try this website http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
Click yes on the Security Warning that comes up, it will download an antivirus scanner and will fix the problem if it finds it.
If your computer locks up, restart it..

If it still isn't working, you can goto this website and download a trial version of this program just to try to locate and destroy the little booger...
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
and download a trial of AVG anti-virus or
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php
for the free version of AVG, although it's really basic, but it still does the same..
Good luck I hope I helped you and didn't confuse you much =/

Thanks for that link demalii.. I have one quick question though. There is a red x up in the corner where i'm supposed to be clicking on my computer & scan now. So i cant perform the scan Do i have something disabled, that should be enabled??

Thanks again

like the little checkbox next to my computer, there's a red X? try clicking it to see if it will.. unmark it and click it again to get a check over everything, select auto-clean and try to scan again, lemme know what happens

i had this problem due to an spyware, unfortuantly i had to reinstall IE explorer, but you could try going to tools > Internet Options > advanced and restore settings, it may be something has been disabled

lolly you might want to try going to the 3rd link i gave you, download AVG AV, install, update and run it. It usually finds everything on my computer.

Demalii said:
like the little checkbox next to my computer, there's a red X? try clicking it to see if it will.. unmark it and click it again to get a check over everything, select auto-clean and try to scan again, lemme know what happens

Thanks Demalii, i was just about to download it when i noticed it said i cannot download it on a computer thats part of a network. Unfortunately i'm on a 2 computer network.. Looks like i'll have to wait for the pop up box to come back so i can get the name & finally remove the stupid virus!!

Don't understand why the symantec scan won't work for me because ive fulfilled all the requirements (active X & scripting enabled & i'm using IE 6)..
Tried what you said Becroydon but to no avail

Thanks anyway to EVERYBODY for your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom