Facebook Video Infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Noticed this today

threat.jpg

If you see this video on your profile, remove it, if you receive it from someone, dont accept it, its malicious! Not sure what it does yet but its not good. I added a screenshot of the warnings from AVG and its NOT a false positive. The video is called Candid Camera Prank [HQ] (Your Name) this is without doubt the sexiest video ever! :p :p :p

Huge 'Sexiest Video Ever' Attack Hits Facebook

When it comes to viruses and such, we normally don't worry about you guys, we simply pass the news along so you can warn friends and family. With that said, it is a totally different story when an attack uses the lure of "teh boobies"…I worry about all of us falling for it.

On Saturday, AVG Technologies received more than 300,000 reports of the malicious Facebook app, said Roger Thompson, AVG's chief research officer. AVG came up with its tally by counting the number of reports from its LinkScanner software, a free browser add-on that detects potentially poisoned pages.

i didn't know that the virus would hit me if i just searched it, and not looked at it. Unfortunately, a ugly virus hit me. I am running malwarebytes and combo fix it should be out in about 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom