Encountered virus/spyware problems. Please help. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicam

Solid State Member
My computer has been acting up lately and I'm getting worried. I do have Spybot, AdAware and Symantec Client Security Antivirus protector. I have run a Spybot search and came accross this new.net regestry key. I checked my regedit and I see it in my regestry. I've encountered a problem like this before with MSN Block Checker and I just deleted it, but I want to get a heads up because I'm very afraid of messing with the regestry, so should I delete new.net?

Also, I've been getting many W32.Spybot.Worms and Bloodhounds lately, what's the cause of this? My client hasn't come up with any updates that can remedy these worms. I've had Spybot worms ever since December when there was an outbreak and now I've recently gotten one. I'm really worried here, what should I do? Thanx.

Run Adaware SE 1.6
Spybot 1.4
Microsoft Antispy Beta

Remove everything they find
Delete the prefetch folder, this folder will come back on next reboot
Delete all cookies and TIF's
Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything and reboot

Go into safemode
Run your spyware programs again and remove anything they find.

Reboot and run the programs once more and remove everthing they find.

Ok, will do, I just downloaded MS AntiSpyware. I'll do everything you've asked me to do and I'll post my results. Thanx.

Agh, I have to download MS Antispy Beta again. I tried running it for the first time and got a critical error(101) and asked me to uninstall it and reinstall the current version so I have to get it again. I also have Dial Up so that's going to take a little while, sorry to make you wait. :( Agh, I think my computer is really messed up. D:

Heh, the only problem with the new.net was that my Spybot wasn't v1.4, it was v1.3, lol. I downloaded 1.4 and it got rid of it and a bunch of other cookies that 1.3 didn't detect. That's said and done with, thanx for your help. Now I need to figure out my FF problem and my virus problems. D:

Did you run microsoft antispy? more than likely it will delete the rest. run it in safe mode for the best results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom