Emergency!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsteg

Baseband Member
help. my other computer won't get into windows XP! i get the blue screen saying to restart if this is my first time getting that message. i did and i got the same thing again.

it also said i might be infected with a virus. can anyone tell me where to get an antivirus boot disk, kind of like the norton rescue disk or the mcafee? i tried looking and they don't offer it for windows XP.

I get the message saying something like:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B

i looked up microsoft and they told me to run an antivirus software, except i can't get into windows!

i really need the computer right away by tonight:(

Could be...but I still need the info. And knowing what antivirus he uses would help. I suspect if the virus is in his boot sector, he's screwed. Liz

yep he would be, lets just hope he backed up his work.
Last time i had a virus which i couldn't get rid of i just reinstalled windows i got the cd and it only takes 40 mins so it doesn't really bother me.
I hope he can atleast do that.

im' using my sister's computer.

i had mcafee on my computer, but someone turned it off

Who is the maker of your hard drive? Cause if it's Maxtor or Hitachi, there is a utility you can download and take with you from your sister's to help. YOu are going to need to scrub that hard drive.

And a utility disk is the best way to do that. I hope it is a maxtor. It would be even better if you already have the maxtor utility disk in hand. Liz

i have western digital. my maxtor crapped out on me last time and it didn't even turn on. lol

i can't remember the last of the message, but i will try it again tomorrow and i'll write it all down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom