Email Virus is driving me mad!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanell

Solid State Member
Can anyone help. My PC has some kind of email virus as I keep receiving the same email over and over again from the same senders!

I have AVG and Stinger installed, is there any other FREE software I can download or what do you think I should do as this is beginning to drive me mad!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

it's not an email virus....lol.....it's spam, and it sucks

I don't know of any free software to help but I'll look around, sorry

That is spam.

Get yourself a copy of Outlook (not outlook express) and start adding people to your BLOCK JUNK MAIL list.

But while we are on the subject on email virus, you want to check to see if you MYDOOM on your computer system, do the following :-

FOR mydoom.a
Go to the dos prompt, change directory to c: (later, to Z:\). In the dos prompt, type:
Dir shimgapi.dll /a /s (for detecting mydoom.A)

FOR mydoom.b
In the dos prompt, type
Dir ctfmon.dll /a /s

If file is found, then you have virus, otherwise you are clean.

hilowe said:
Nah, it's not spam. The spam I get is the same message, different senders.

It still sound like spam to me. Everyday, I do get about at least 3 copies email with same message from completely different address offering me every thing from penis enlargements, viragra, work from home schemes, loan and refinancing.

Any chance that you post up one of these messages please?

I tend to agree with the pack, hilowe, it does sound like spam. We all get it... mmmm, spam ;)

Thanks for the replies.

I went to MS Prompt Silesia and it said file not found in C: drive but I couldn't get it done in Z:\ It said invalid drive specification!! I just aint a real whizz kid, so I'm probably doing something wrong. lol

I went to check my emails again and still have the same problem. Away to delete them!!

The reason it didn't find a Z: drive is because you probably don't have one. Some people have two drives, for example, so they are specified by different letters. Good to hear that you don't have the doom on C drive.

If you can't get your filters setup so as to block this constant email, perhaps a call to your ISP might give you some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom