Easy way to remove spyware and ad-ware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesbond_007

Solid State Member
To remove all bad spyware and ad-ware that r left on your computer after u have run any spyware remover and ad-ware remover and a virus scan, is to run all of them again in safe mode and u will find that all of ur threats r gone. If some r still there after u doing what I have said please let me know what the name of it is, and then I can u how to remove it in more detail.

This has work for me for 1 year and 6 months in total, and I do this once a month if I can or once a forenight (2 weeks).

Interesting approach...but highly inaccurate. Safe mode removals can only remove files that are not in use. Many of todays infections can not be removed using commercial tools though they will address standard spyware/adware.

Want an example....find a Hijackthis log were AdwareSE, Spybot, and CWShredder were run before and after. You will find many entrys remain in the logs..because....

a. It was never removed
b. It was only partial removal and the infection reinstalled when the user rebooted.

Just food for thought....

Yes, Interesting. But Safe Mode only opens up the minimal tasks required for Windows to boot up. Meaning it would not open all the spyware/adware tasks that usually run in normal mode without your permission. Sounds good and exactly what you want. However, the chances for your anti-threat detector finding a threat in your Memory are much higher then finding a threat on your hard drive. Because of the size differance, different system for storing data. Basicly, what I mean is that you would want all that junk running while you scan, so your computer can find the problems in the place thats easy for it to scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom