Dregol?

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So, i got my new pre-built pc, just some HP prodesk just to replace my laptop. Installed google chrome and i now have dregol? It won't let me un-install it, have tryed malwarebytes and AVG to see if it will pick it up as a virus but hasn't.

I basically can't connect too any site via google chrome etc. I don't know if this downloaded when i downloaded google chrome, but it seems to be on my PC now. and i cant get rid of it.

How do i remove this/and or other crap that is on this desktop?

So, i got my new pre-built pc, just some HP prodesk just to replace my laptop. Installed google chrome and i now have dregol? It won't let me un-install it, have tryed malwarebytes and AVG to see if it will pick it up as a virus but hasn't.

I basically can't connect too any site via google chrome etc. I don't know if this downloaded when i downloaded google chrome, but it seems to be on my PC now. and i cant get rid of it.

How do i remove this/and or other crap that is on this desktop?

If its a brand new PC and has nothing personal on it yet, do a factory restore? you should of got the CD to use. make sure you download Google chrome from the genuine website.

I recently worked on a PC with DREGOL on it. I had to mess with it for a couple of hours. I ran the following software tools and it pulled it off. I was not paying attention to see which "tool" pulled DREGOL off but here is the list and order I ran the software in:

1. MBAM
2. MBAR
3. HITMAN PRO
4. JRT
5. CCLEANER
6. ADWCLEANER

Also, remember to boot up in safe mode when removing malware, adware, or viruses. If the machine forces you to reboot remember to boot back up into safe mode.

SAFE MODE = tapping F8

Hope this helps!!!

I've un-installed chrome, just re-installing it atm.

*EDIT*
Just tryed to go to speedtest.com and it redirected me to some fake bbc new page about iphones...

Last edited:
Ok, managed to find where the file was, deleted the whole thing and is no longer installed on the PC. Phew! browser seems to be working fine now. What scans etc should i do now to make sure it is completely gone?

I take the time to run several when I work on an infected PC. But this is just my opinion:

1. MBAM
2. MBAR
3. HITMAN PRO
4. JRT
5. CCLEANER
6. ADWCLEANER

Back
Top Bottom