Do i need all these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidious1120

In Runtime
Ive got all the anti virus programs now do i need them all? Which should i get rid of if any

AVG Free
Spybot search and destroy
Ewido
Spyware blaster
Ad-Adware SE
Virus scan enterprises

They are all NOT antivirus programs....

AVG Free <--KEEP AntiVirus
Spybot search and destroy <--KEEP Spyware Cleaner
Ewido <---REMOVE Spyware Cleaner
Spyware blaster <---KEEP Spyware Preventer
Ad-Adware SE <---KEEP Spyware Cleaner
Virus scan enterprises <---REMOVE Antivirus

How come i remove virus scan enterprises? Dont you have to buy that program? And my spybot keeps freezing up and never works its always bin like this forever ive re installed it millions of times.

AVG works better then Virus scan enterprises. If you want to keep it...fine...but use only one virus scanner for realtime protection...otherwise you'll run into conflicts.

Try running Spybot in safe mode and see if you still freeze.

ummm run into conflicts? Does that mean i shouldnt of ran them all at the same time? And how do u delete filed with AVG i dont get it

Sidious1120 said:
ummm run into conflicts? Does that mean i shouldnt of ran them all at the same time? And how do u delete filed with AVG i dont get it

No. What I mean is you don't want to have 2 antivirus running in "Realtime" mode at the same time. It doesn't hurt to have one running to protect the system and you can scan with the other. You just don't want both running at the same time.

When AVG detects something...it will ask you if you want to move it to the virus vault. You can delete the file...by emptying the vault.

It means it scans every program or file you open. Only have this feature enabled in one of your AV programs or they will conflict. But better just get rid of one to make things easier and speed up your computer a bit.

You need the all except fot the last one ..and spybot sd can be removed as i dont like it and it carrys spyware it self and you cant have 2 virus scanners running at one ...So avg a Virus Enterprises will conflict and not find viruses and dont pay for none All are free and get rid of edwo

Ok i got rid of virus scan, spybot and ewido. So the 3 i have left does one of them act as a firewall? all im using is windows firewall for a firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom