dll problem, possibly a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheld

Beta member
Hi everyone,

I hope someone recognises my problem and is able to help me out here.

Last weekend my Vista OS started freezing at random times, so i decided to do some scans. I found that only Avira was capable of detecting a Trojan, which I deleted. All other Malware / Virus scanners either find nothing or result in a consistant freeze. The consistancy in Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is that is always freezes my machine on one particular dll file: loghours.dll but i have no idea why. When I do a System File Check the machine freezes as well.
Definition of freeze here is: i can still use the mouse, but all applications stop responding and a manual boot is required.
Anyone any ideas on this one? :)

Thanks for trying to help out guys!

I went into Safemode and there Malwarebytes locks up also in the sys32 dir. and therefore i cannot post a log.
Combofix just gives a warning about bullguard being installed, which i uninstalled ages ago, I have no idea how to circumvent that and do not dare to run combofix when it tells me to go at my own risk :(
Guess it kinda ends here then doesn't it :sad:

ComboFix is "stand alone" program. It does not get installed and it does not run all the time.
It scans, deletes any files that it "knows" are bad, creates a report and then closes.
1. Click Start then run.
2. In run, type in the following code (note the space between the x and the /).
combofix /u
If done correctly then your computer should now be free of Combofix.

ComboFix is "stand alone" program. It does not get installed and it does not run all the time.
It scans, deletes any files that it "knows" are bad, creates a report and then closes.
1. Click Start then run.
2. In run, type in the following code (note the space between the x and the /).
combofix /u
If done correctly then your computer should now be free of Combofix.

He is not trying to uninstall Combofix..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom