Detecting Trojans/Viruses/Keyloggers/Phishing etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimp

In Runtime
I've got a program to help with my finances which I'm very wary of. What would be the best way of completely scanning this for all of these before I install/run it? I do a lot of financial based work on my computer and the last thing I need is someone logging all my passwords or accounts.

As for baseline security. I own a router with an inbuilt firewall, AVG Anti-virus and I regularly scan for spyware. Anything else you would suggest?

Thanks for reading!

have you tryed norton internet security 2009? it has everything you need

the package includes

Norton Identity safe
Norton Antiphishing
Norton pules updates (Pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes)
Norton Insight
Norton Brower Protection
Norton AntiVirus
Norton AntiSpyware
Norton Personal Firewall

this even picks up the new virus for e.g vundo as my dad got it and this got rid of it very easy!

you can allso use it on 3 computers :]

Post a hijackthis log or go thru my entire guide
Trend Micro HijackThis - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

And yes his tutorial is very helpful.
have you tryed norton internet security 2009? it has everything you need

the package includes

Norton Identity safe
Norton Antiphishing
Norton pules updates (Pulse updates every 5 to 15 minutes)
Norton Insight
Norton Brower Protection
Norton AntiVirus
Norton AntiSpyware
Norton Personal Firewall

this even picks up the new virus for e.g vundo as my dad got it and this got rid of it very easy!

you can allso use it on 3 computers :]

N360 is a waste of money to me. 360 includes stuff you dont really need or use.

NIS is pretty good.

For spyware i perfer SpywareDoctor (by pctools) you can also get SpywareDoctor with Antivirus

Norton is one of the biggest security risks out there. Just read thru our Anti-Virus sticky and you will see that Norton and McAfee are the main culprits on most of the machines that comes thru our site looking for assistance on spyware removal.

Any Internet Security Package will have what he wants. But you dont need them to be secure.

I run Avast ONLY with my router and i go to very dodgy sites. I am still clean and check my PC often for infections with NOTHING present.

You dont need to spend massive amounts of money on protection. It can be done with very little cash spent and no yearly subscription fee.

Mak, it seems you like Avast over AVG Free ? I don't have any experience with Avast. Is it better in your opinion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom