detected virus through msn messenger!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerard

Baseband Member
hey
i detected a virus through my msn messenger. ever time i send a personal message to someone, a message already types in there about im-names. for example it would say, HI I get my MSN Names from http://www.IM-Names.com . would any one know how to get rid of this virus?...also i did a scan with norton anti-virus and the Im-name program showed up....i tried to uninstall the program but there wasn't anything there, so i went to c:/programfiles and found the program called im-names and tried to delete it but it didn't work and then i accidentally clicked on hide the file and now i don't know what to do, or how to get it back. any one have any suggestions on how to get this thing off my computer??

thanks alot

Its not a virus.

I have mesages like those too, somebody just downloaded the program on THEIR computer, and want you to try it. Its like free advertising for the software programmers!

it showes up on the other persons computer from me!...well anyways how can i get rid of it?

i would if i could, i'm after telling you that i scaned for viruses and that showed up. and just tell me how i can get rid of the files, and how can i unhide a folder?

thanks

I have it too ive uninstalled it but the messages come coming on ive reinstalled msn messenger but it keeps poping up its annoying plz someone help

gerard said:
hey
i detected a virus through my msn messenger. ever time i send a personal message to someone, a message already types in there about im-names. for example it would say, HI I get my MSN Names from http://www.IM-Names.com . would any one know how to get rid of this virus?...also i did a scan with norton anti-virus and the Im-name program showed up....i tried to uninstall the program but there wasn't anything there, so i went to c:/programfiles and found the program called im-names and tried to delete it but it didn't work and then i accidentally clicked on hide the file and now i don't know what to do, or how to get it back. any one have any suggestions on how to get this thing off my computer??

thanks alot

To see the hidden file, go to the folder the file is in, CLick on Tools, Folder Options, View and click on 'Show Hidden Files' then it'll show the folder you hid. Then, unhide it, and repeat the actions above so you can't see the hidden folder.

As far as your adware issues goes, try going here as that seems to be a good aid in the removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom