de-p**n

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooo rah

Beta member
um hi not sure if this goes here.

i need help,heres the deal

me and my little brother share a laptop,hes 12 i'm 15 now when ever i use the computer i notice that he'll be downloading po*n and crap like that,i've told him to stop,because if our parents find out they won't even think for one second that it could be their 12 year old:(

so we have safe eyes for the internet,so he can't go on "sites" on the internet unless theres a slip up in safe eyes,so i know that he mainly uses limewire to download the "stuff"

so i've been going into lime wire into saved items(or whatever it's called)and been deleting them when ever i can,and going into recently changed(in my computer)and sending the files to recycling bin,then emptying the bin.

does that get rid of the "stuff"

because a family friends does the work on our computers(spyware removal and anything else,hes got a shop)and if he saw the "files"he'd tell my parents.

and i know we have spyware because the computer is running very very slow, and whenever i start up the computer a program called total spy pops up and asks for a product key,i've googled total spy and it;s a virus.

so in short.

how to i get rid of all traces of the "files" and is there anyway i can put a pass on stuff so he can't download with out a pass?(it's my computer,but i have to let him use it)

any help would be a god sent.

thanks

p.s. i've tried the spyware removal guide in this forum,and it doesn't work for me cause i'm computer illiterate :D(plus i can get it done for free anyways :D )

Your parents let you run limewire?
look on limewire and see where the save folder is and delete everything in it.

Do a search for the types of files that are typically pron.
ie *.jpg, *.avi, *.mpeg, *.mov
and delete the ones that are suspect.

With how messed up your computer seems to be I would do a clean reinstall of windows.
Just tell you parents it is really slow and full of spyware and you want to reinstall.
I still cannot believe your parents would let you run limewire. Just tell them most files you get from limewire are illegal and that you do not want to have anything illegal on your computer or have them go to jail or pay a large fine.

My question is, why doesn't the guide work for you?
What do you mean by you can get it done for free anyways?

Remove Limewire

Post a hijackthis log

i find nothing wrong with limewire,i need limewire because i have to download songs for work and what not(if i was a artist i'd want the free publicity of limewire)

and if the guide was easier to understand for people like me(people who have very little knowledge of spyware and what not)i'd be able to use it,but i don't have the no how,and barely have the time....and patience:D

and i can get it done for free,because our computer guy is a family friend and does all the work on our computers for free(unless he needs parts or whatever)

I used to use Limewire but i must agree that it is wrong

hypocritical or not I've stopped, prefer to just buy what i can in the form of CD's

but that is your choice

if I was you and i wanted my lil bro to stop downloading that crap I'd simply move, hide, or delete the "downloads" folder so next time he goes to dl he won't know what to do when it asks him for a destination folder.

and as far as spy ware goes

try AVG 8.5 free

I also have a program by Auslogics called "Boostspeed" which was a mere $20 ( i believe) and it did a nice job of helping my work the kinks out and keeping my on schedule with routine stuff like my weekly defrag

i'm not worried about the spyware removal because i can have it done for free.

as for limewire,artists don't care about limewire,free publicity,the record companys are however spilt on that,but i don't give a rats behind about record companys.

and it's not like i download songs,and then burn cds and then sell them,i download a song,put it on my ipod so i can bring it to work and teach the song to students(guitar teacher)

either way,thank you for your help so far,but this isn't about limewire,or if you think it's right or wrong,so please keep your opinions to yourself befire this gets out of hand

It would also be right for you to play nice as well ooo rah. As much as you are correct that this isnt about Limewire, people also have the right to express their opinions as well. Rule #1 of our site is Be Respectful. To treat others as you wish to be treated.

Telling people to shut up and keep their opinions to themselves will not get you help or advice on how to resolve your issues that you wish to resolve.

With that being said everyone play nice or i will close or delete all posts in this thread that are not relevant to the resolution.

My honest opinion is that you will have to do a search of the PC. Just as Hefe said. Because you dont know if the default limewire folders are used by your brother.

So he could download them, move them to a hidden folder that you dont see, and you wouldnt know.

Doing a search for those file types will give you results no matter if they are hidden or not. As well as looking in the Recent Documents as well.

Other than that there isnt much else we can say that will be of service as many find Limewire itself to be a issue.

You could just use you tube and use an flv downloader if you want to get songs on your ipod and want to avoid limewire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom