Dads laptop is super infected. ()

ckop11

In Runtime
i had to reset the router and when i used my dads laptop to go in and set the router back up i noticed its infected. it had multiple tool bars on IE and programs i have never heard of running. One is Reg Task i assume its not legit. even if it is i gonna try and remove it. anyone know what Reg Task is? or what My Web Search is?

i running a malwarebytes scan 10 min in it has 111 oblects infected. and will post hjthis log when that is complete.

so anyone heard of Reg Task or My Web Search?

My Web Search is a browser hijacker. Any searches will go through that site instead of the intended site like Google or Bing. Reg Task is another piece of scareware. It informs users that they have Registry errors that need to be fixed and have to purchase their software to do it.

I say kill disk and and reinstall fresh... 111 infected objects? My god... Nuke it to the data grave

That is always the last option. What if there are important documents on there that are not backed up? 111 objects is nothing. I have seen some machines that have 6 digit infection numbers.

i agree... chances are even if you remove it (if your not using illegal torrents) youll never afford all the programs to completely clean up the traces of that heavy-of spy/malware.. start in safemode, gather what backups u can, and reformat... (try a restore in the course maybe itll hlep you backup stuff quicker and get rid of some of the virus' symptoms)

Back
Top Bottom