csrss.exe - Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

MirzaG

Baseband Member
I have Mcafee antivirsus and spyware programs.
When I am on the internet I get message (messenger service) that my computers is not OK and that I should visit page www.desktopfix.com.

I dont know what virus is it and how shold I remove it, or how did I get inffected. I am using Firefox.

csrss.exe is the main executable for the Microsoft Client/Server Runtime Server Subsystem. This process manages most graphical commands in Windows. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Note: csrss.exe is also process which is registered as the W32.Netsky.AB@mm worm, the W32.Webus Trojan, Win32.Ladex.a, W32.Rontokbro.K@mm and more. This virus is distributed via the Internet through e-mail and comes in the form of an e-mail message, in the hopes that you open itÂ’s hostile attachment. The worm has itÂ’s own SMTP engine which means it gathers E-mails from your local computer and re-distributes itself. In worst cases this worm can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom