Cross Platform Internet Security Signitures.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hellow Folks, hope ya all Keeping well..

Just had a Crazy thought, would it be Possible to Take a File of Anti Virus/Internet Security Distrobution Updates for a Particulat Product like Norton, Kaspersky, AVG, or Something like Sybot and Use those Distrobution Updates in other Application of a Same Nature..

So for Example, and would have to think you would have to be pritty clued up about it. You take Spybot Serch and Destroy, mabie Break down those Updates in to the Nessesery Individual Signatures, and Import them in to say a Fully Paid for Softwere Security Suiet like KIS, or AVG, or what it is you use..

In a Manner of speaking like cross Polination!! ..

Just a Thought..

all of the antiviruses use a different signature system, if you knew how to create signature definitions for kaspersky, you could take apart the AVG ones and look at the thresholds and triggers for viruses etc.

but essentially you'd need to create a new custom signature each time with that information. it wouldnt just be exportable.

they also have very different analysis engines, a trigger in one might not be the same as a trigger in another.

you'd have to learn how those analysis engines process virus detection and signatures :p alot more trouble than its worth

Defo Sounds complex. Like ya say, wouldnt be worth the Time.. But you could Imagine the Complete and Vast Data Base in wich you would have if you just took the Free Anti Malwere Security on its own, such as AVG, Spybot and others. Mabie if theirs something out their, like a Decompiler in the Way of Batch Prosessing to Build the Database from Scrach..

But then again, would Imagine you would have to Build a Fresh Application and/or Softwere Suiet.. KIS, I know has Built in Monotoring System abit like Spybot, TeaTimer a think..

And well lets face it, their has got to be a Multi Million + in Data Base Security Signitures accross all Paid for Suiets and Freewere..

Who knows, could be a Task/Project for someone.. :thumbsup:

i hate those monitoring systenms, they can really slow things down.

I used to sell norton when i worked as a compy salesman and i hated norted. i hate anything symantec these days, they've lost all of their core values. (i was also top salesmn for norton for my region most quarters which ripped my soul out)

and people always used to come back and say "ohh its running really slowly" and im like yeah... yeaaaah... and then i had to show them how to set up the active monitoring on norton AV, which runs a sweep every 10-15 bloody minutes for viruses

The problem with this is the code used may not be the same. Cross breeding visual basic with c++ would not work. I hope this answered your question properly.

Back
Top Bottom