Cpu usage too high

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, sounds like your HDD is on its way out and this can cause lag in system performance and cause the issue that you describe, try to replace your HDD but it may be a whole system thing too, if your PC was zapped by a power surge it can cause the whole system to be faulty.

Dear Mr Osiris and all ,
My problem is still not resolved despite having changed HDD. The important thing that i have noticed is that when i install a new copy of operating system, the system functions very fine but just after installing drivers and other applications the system again becomes very rough due to the high CPU Usage. What can be the real problem and what's the proposed solution?
Waiting anxiously.
Thanks

What you need to do:

Start with a clean OS

Update drivers one bye one, rebooting after each driver installation. After a while of no high CPU usage, install the next driver and so on.

Make sure you are using the newest drivers available from the manufactures website.

Then update your OS 100%.

Then install your programs one by one till you notice a change.

You may also want to check your RAM as well.

Hello Mr Osiris. My problem is apparently solved. I started with the new copy of OS and then installed and updated drivers one by one. Before my laptop was working v rough, but now it seems to be quit smooth. I want to ask u that which antivirus would u recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom