Corrupted Micro SD Card...

datahead8888

Beta member
I have a Micro SD Card that acts as a USB stick.
It seems to have become corrupted. If I place it in my computer and try to read from it, Windows says, "You need to format the disk in drive F: before you can use it." Shortly before this started happening, one of the folders had messed up contents inside of it (weird, mangled file names).

As far as I can tell from a recovery tool I tried using, the disk format type is FAT32.

I tried using EaseUS data recovery, which recovered some files, but the free version has a DAILY limit of how much data you can recover, and one of the files I tried testing was unusable by Open Office Writer.

Does anyone have any suggestions on 100% free tools that run on Windows Vista, will allow unlimited data recovery, and that are known to have a high success rate in recovering files? If anyone knows how to fix corrupted Open Office Writer files, that might be of help, too.

Thanks in advance.

I tried the "SD Card Recovery - Card Recovery Tutorial" link, but this tool appears to only be for media such as images/videos/audio. It attempted to build a jpg image containing most of the data it found, when it really was a variety of file types.

The website for the "SD Card Data Recovery: How to Recover Files from SD Card" seemed to indicate it is also for images only.

I tried to install the "SD Card Recovery - Free Download Software" tool, but the installer kept erroring out saying that it was already in the process of installing.

I ran the Recuva tool, but when I gave it path "F:\", which is the current drive letter for my Micro SD card, Windows first offered to reformat it while I used the file browse window, and then when I clicked Next in Recuva, it told me it was not a valid path. I tried using the dropdown on another screen, and it said, "Unable to read boot sector".
http://www.cardrecovery.com/sd-recovery/

Back
Top Bottom