Computer Shutdown Countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do understand your point, Liz. And yes I do read the posts here as well. You do know your stuff, that much is apparent. I can appreciate how hard it is to do it online, as I have tried that before, and found it slightly bothersome trying to guide people without actually being there to just do it the right way from square one.

Which is part of the reason why I backed away from a lot of forum support and ventured more into the business. I would much rather have my hands on the problem, working at my speed and not having to say well do this, do that etc. You know the routine.

You may have more patience than I in this virtual world, and more power to you for that. I am a more practical kind of person, I tackle the issues head on.

So from your vantage point, yes I can see the need to have them use all the tools you need. Here, I have them at my disposal so I don't see it that way. My intent was to not step on your toes or to have you take offense at what I said, I was just doing as I do, getting to the point of the problem which I viewed.

Part of this Internet world is knowing how to protect yourself, and you seem to be spreading the word quite well. I too, inform my local customers about the tools they need to protect themselves. So keep it up. See you round the boards. :)

To all: Please note that Flames will not be tolerated.

Interesting discussion, Liz and Imhotep. The suggested thread for reading is one of our ways to help other members do all that may be necessary for clean up of their computer. Obviously, there may not be one set tool that will do all cleaning and cures. However, HJT has been a great tool to help in determining problems.

Now, back to the problem....

atd332, what have you had your brother do for his problem?

Dave :D

Note: Imhotep, I'm sorry but I think my post was not clear about the flaming (as in not accusing you). If you want to discuss that, please contact me.

It's not spyware. It sounds like you have either one of the sasser or blaster variants. Update your Anti-Virus programs and scan the entire computer, while you are NOT connected to the internet. Should find and remove it easily :)

Tell me how you get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom