Computer Scans, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Do we have some programs recommended for scanning your computer for problems, and possibly automatically fixing them?

There are a lot of registry scanners and such but most seem to be "free to try, now buy to fix your errors" which may or may not work well, and actually cause more problems then solve... also there are some that are just viruses and such....

My computer is moving kinda sluggish.. and I am not sure why.. I cleaned the Recycle bin,checked defrag and nothing seemed wrong, but I am thinking I possibly have malware or just clutter bogging me down...

What programs are recommended to get rid of/keep malware away? What about virus scanners that are recommended? (even non-free ones.)

I didn't really find anything like that already in the forum, and it would be nice to have a list of High Performance Scanners to keep computers running nice and smooth, like a fresh install.

Ah thanks, but yea, what about the others? Registry tweaks and such.

and his link is 404....

yay.

Will this also help optimize a PC to it's fullest extent, or is just a get rid of you malware guide, and I still need more?

I went years without a real Antivirus or Malware scanner, I just formatted and reloaded when things got really bad... now I have a TB harddrive.. and that is not going to be so easily done.. and I don't want to.... so... it's time to get some decent programs to aide me.

I also have an i7 now and since I am going "new" i figured I might as well unlock all it's potiential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom