Computer Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allie0511

Solid State Member
What would you recommend as far as a virus, spyware, spam blocker, popups, email scanner, etc software for Windows XP? I asked Dell online and they recommededMcafee Internet Suite. Is that a good product? I'm looking to spend under $100.00 and this one listed is a 3-user pack with a $40.00 rebate ($129.99)

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Allie

it covers instant messaging email and internet viruses 4 spyware get ad aware and spybot both free and to stop pop ups use mozilla firefox as ur browser and the spam blocker u can get that through ur email provider but ur best set for spam dont give out ur email address to untrusted sources spending money on basic comp protection is unecessary if u need links for any of the above listed items let me know and u can ask anyone else and get the same answer so dont waste ur money

Because i don't want to go in depth here, just stay away from Norton Anti-Virus and McAfee Anti-Virus. I hear Norton's Firewall is decent, though, don't quote me on that.

Zone Alarm is a great suite. It protects you with a firewall, antivirus, antispyware, parental control, and phishing protection. It's about $50 online.

I bought McAfee '07 at Best Buy for 2 bucks today but didn't install it. I decided to go with Kaspersky and I love it. Not a resource hog either (which is why I didn't install McAfee.. I only bought it cuz yeah.. 2 bucks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom