combofix and nortong antivirus 2005 real time scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnchuck

Baseband Member
ComboFix is saying that a real time scanner is active (norton antivirus 2005) which I believed had been deleted from the machine. I don't find any folders for norton on the machine. Anyone know how to find it and delete it?

thanks for any and all help.

Chuck.

I opened task manager and hit end process on circmd.exe and combofix started by itself. Weird. Proceding forward now.

Might look under services.msc Norton almost always leaves something behind. If the service is there, stop and disable it.

Thanks for the reply.

I searched services.msc and it came back with one file that just says services and its a microsoft common console document.

where would I find services.msc?

Go to start, run, type services.msc and press enter. Then search thru the list for any Norton services and disable

I found a norton removal tool and used it. Now avg is installing. I checked services and didn't see any other problems. Thanks again. It will be a great relief when this computer is fixed.

Chuck.

Hahahaha! I'm a tard! No, I searched on yahoo for avg norton conflict and just hit the one that had removal tool in the description.

Still learning here. Will post logs in a few. Thanks again.

Chuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom