Chernobyl Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Francis

Baseband Member
Last Friday I had a DOS message come up on my screen that said I "still" had the W95.CIH virus. After doing a search and printing the Symantec information on it , I did a live update and then I did a complete scan. Before I did these steps, I had clicked on Quarantine. It doesn`t show on the log as being in Quarantine though.
It seems as though the scan didn`t show anything to do with the W95.CIH thing , but did tell me that I had Adware "cd_clint.dll " . After running live update and the scan, I noticed on the Symantec information sheet that I had to download the W95.CIH removal tool first and run that BEFORE doing live updates and scans. I understand that this thing kicks in on the 26th of the month and I`m wondering what my next step is in getting rid of this thing before it does tremendous harm. Am I too late?
I had the hard drive changed back in February and since then I`ve had no problems and I always update my virus definitions and have a firewall and a router. Why this thing nailed me , I can`t figure out. As usual this letter is scattered so if further explanation is necessary I`ll be more than happy to do so.
Thanks... Jay Francis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom