check_lsa7.text

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggiaquin

Solid State Member
random file i havee noticed in my C drive that has not been there in the past. it has been there oh... probably bout a week or so now and it would be around the ti me my computer started having issues. any help?

Hi and welcome to Tech-Forums :)

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY as something wrong could make the computer have the inability to even start into Windows.

If you are running on Windows 95/98/ME/NT -

Go to My Computer > View > Folder Options > View tab and make sure that “Show all files” is checked under the “Hidden Files” section. Also make sure there is no checkmark beside “Hide file extensions for known file types”.

If you are running on Windows 2K/XP -

Go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files" option. Also make sure there is no checkmark beside “Hide file extensions for known file types”.

HIJACK THIS DOWNLOAD

Please download HijackThis. This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory - C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.

Upon install, HijackThis should open for you.

Should it not open, navigate to C:program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis and double click on HijackThis.exe

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Logs Needed in Next Post: HijackThis New Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom