Changing AV, lil story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksingler

In Runtime
So I've decided to swtich from AVG to Avast!, I see talldude always say how he likes Avast, but the real reason i'm swtiching to it is because, for you CS players who are in CAL and all that, me and a friend were going to ring for a team, and they guy said we had to DL ESEA client for his server, so i'm like.. ok... it was @ 80% when my friend left and didn't DL it, so I canceled the download and about a minute later my friend PMs saying that, that exact link was a virus and that his Avast! picked it up and canceled the DL before even starting the DL. So im kinda ****ed at AVG at not even picking it up or anything, so im switching to Avast, thanks for listening :)

Never mind, figured it out about the registeration.. but for the other question, does avast autoupdate itsself? The curren virus database version is @ 0629-1

and for the On-Access scanner, all the protections, sheild,email,instant messaging etc is at version 4.7-844.

Those look right?

I tried avast and i uninstall it 3mins after installing it! i just HATED the user interface and how everything worked, AVG is so much more straight forward!

Anyway just because avast got that virus and avg didnt, it doesnt automatically mean avg is a lemon! avg might pick something up that avast wont, so you cant go by that really!

And plus you didnt say your infected with the virus anyway?

Does Avast conflict with Zone Alarm? That's what it said when I tried to download it. Therefore, I didn't install it and stuck with AVG.

As far as AVG not catching viruses, I've read this in a few places. But I'll supplement AVG by running those online virus scans from Trend Micro or Symantec every once in a while.......

yeah, good point there Johnny, I was pretty tired last night and just switched right after it happened, I agree on that AVG is much easier to use, but I downloaded skins for Avast, the default interface isnt user friendly. I'll give Avast! some time and see how it works. I hadn't been infected with AVG ever, so if I get infected from today on, Avast! is goin out the door :) Plus I've been wanting to give Avast a try since talldude says its the bomb :)

It is the bomb :D

I think Avast is really easy to use, and i like the Zeppelin skin.

Right now, i'm using NOD32 though, because i'm trying to use a lightweight AV right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom