Can't get rid of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmack

Solid State Member
I don't know what happened, but somehow a program got onto my computer. It is called "SpyAxe". My Windows Virus/Spyware detector notified me immediately after it downloaded and removed the program. It won't delete though. It keeps coming back. I have ran AVG Virus scanner, came up with nothing. I ran windows spyware/virus scanner and it came up clean. But every time on restart it comes up with the warning and I click on remove program.

The program keeps flashing a large box on my screen saying "Your computer is infected" I try and exit out of it and it just brings me to their site. It's giving me occasional pop-ups as well.

Any input?

Move the HIjackthis program into a folder on the C Drive. It cannot be a temporary Folder.

Please wait for MicroBell to assist you further. Please realize hes not always here and that he may not be on for a day or two. Sit Tight.

Just for you information, you have at least 2 Trojans I see at a glimpse.

I believe I got rid of SpyAxe with smitrem. Still getting some popups though.

I am still having the blinking yellow box, but by "SpyTrooper".

My internest is running super slow, my online games are running with very high pings.

I've ran scans on most folders and have deleted all the stuff it came up with.

Run Adaware SE 1.6 make sure to update spyware definitions
Spybot 1.4 make sure to update spyware definitions
Microsoft Antispy Beta make sure to update spyware definitions
All Free from www.majorgeeks.com

Remove everything they find
Delete the prefetch folder C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch, this folder will come back on next reboot
Delete all cookies and TIF's
Go to Start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, disable everything except your antivirus, apply, reboot.

Go into safemode
Run your spyware programs again and remove anything they find. Reboot and run the programs once more in normal mode and remove everthing they find.

Scan with Hijackthis! 1.99 and post your new log here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom