Can't fix my computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigham2010

Beta member
When I start up my computer, it will load XP for about 2 seconds, then the Blue Screen of Death flashes onto the screen for about half a second, and the computer restarts. The screen tells me that I need to delete/disable any anti-virus program on my computer, and run chkdsk /F.

I've managed to start the computer in safe mode, but it will only start is I "Press ESC to stop loading SPTD", when it's loading safe mode. I tried running chkdsk /F, but it won't work in safe mode. I also deleted all my antivirus programs, and it that didn't do anything either.

I've tried running various registry cleaners, and virus-scanners, but a message always pops up saying either "an error occurred while starting the program" or "the administrator has chosen to disable this program". I've tried running them as administrator, but that doesn't do anything at all.

I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to work. I'm trying to avoid reformatting my entire computer, but if its necessary I suppose there's no choice.

Does anyone have anything else I could try, or have you dealt with something similar to this before?

boot in safe mode, open up my computer right click "local disk (c:)" than click properties - click on the tools tab click on the button "check now" - put a check in each of the two boxes shows on the pop up window, than hit start, than hit yes on the screen that pops up - close all windows and reboot, it should run a checkdisk after it reboots - worth a shot. come to think... i don't know if it will work in safemode anyone out there know? Should work.

"the administrator has chosen to disable this program"

That is a good sign of virus activity on the computer. I would run Malware Bytes if you can keep the computer on long enough; if not try to reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom