Can't find the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would reinstall those programs and make sure the entries are in msconfig>cleanup

can you post a screen shot of that error?

311488.jpg

This is what comes up as soon as windows is booted

311492.jpg

This is the error windows messenger gives me when i try to sign in.

311500.jpg

This is what it says when I click the troubleshoot option in the error message.

311505.jpg

Ares doesnt start, the only thing in my system try is the volume option and AVG Antispyware

Try this...

To delete your offline files
Open My Computer

On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.

On the Offline Files tab, click Delete Files.

In the Confirm File Delete dialog box, select the check box next to the shared folder that contains the offline files you want to delete.

Do one of the following:

• To remove copies of the network files Windows automatically stores on your computer, click Delete only the temporary offline versions.

• To remove the network files that are automatically stored on your computer as well as the network files you specifically made available offline, click Delete both the temporary offline versions and the versions that are always available offline.

Note

• To open My Computer, click Start, and then click My Computer.

• To delete individual offline files, on the Offline Files tab, click View Files. Select the files you want to delete. On the File menu, click Delete.

• Temporary offline files are also known as automatically cached files. These shared network files are automatically downloaded and made available to you on your computer when you open them. You do not need to make these files available offline, they are available automatically. Windows may remove them from your local cache at any time if more more disk space is needed for other temporary files.

• The shared network files that you have specifically made available offline are always available to you. These files will not be removed from your computer unless you delete them.

As for your Default Gateway issue try this...

1) Click start
2) Click control panel
3) Navigate to Network Connections
4) Right click Local Area Connection
5) Left click properties
6) In the small box locate TCP/IP Protocol > highlight it and click properties
7) select use the following IP address...
8) enter your IP address information

If you aren't sure what this info is...

1) click start
2) click RUN
3) type CMD
4) at the command prompt type ipconfig

Hope this will help you :)

disable everythig in msconfig>startup except your antivirus and reboot. Im having the same issue with messenger, same error code. Im going to reinstall it to see if that fixes it and Ill let you know.

I found the solution, It worked for me.

Step 1.
Re-register msxml3.dll

a.Click on the Start menu, select Run and type the following:

Regsvr32 %windir%\system32\msxml3.dll

b.hopefully, you will see a window popup that says

DllRegisterServer succeeded in C:\Windows\System32\msxml3.dll is succeeded. I

Step 2. Reinstall MSXML3

a. Go here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...91-052b-42ff-9674-f752bdca9582&displaylang=en

b. At the bottom of the page click on the link to msxml3.msi and move through the steps to complete installation.

Step 3.
Restart your computer and sign into Messenger again.

when you restart, msn messenger should install again and then should be fixed

Still did not work, error 80048820 still coming up and "default gateway" is offline still.

ok, this will work if you can get the offline file problem fixed....hold on, lemme look into this some more...

did you do the msconfig stuff yet?

Try this....

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue, follow these steps: 1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet files.
4. Click Delete Files, and then click OK in the Delete Files message box.
5. Under History, click Clear History, and then click Yes to the "Are you sure you want Windows to delete your history of visited Web sites?" message.
6. Click OK to close the Internet Options dialog box, and then quit Internet Explorer.
7. Click Start, and then click Run.
8. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

9. Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Webcheck
10. In the right pane, verify that the following values are set to auto:• LoadLCE
• LoadSens

11. If these values are not set to auto, follow these steps:• In the right pane, click LoadLCE, and then on the Edit menu, click String.
• In the String box, type auto, and then click OK.
• Repeat the preceding steps to set the LoadSens value to auto.

12. Restart your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom