cannot bring up a web page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitschej

Baseband Member
I have an older computer that I use. I cleaned out alot of viruses from the computer but I am having problems bringing up web pages now. I cannot get any web pages up. I have rebuilt my network and also updated internet explorer. I have gone to dos and can ping websites using their IP address but cannot find host when I use their domain name. I have a valid IP address. I have also reset all of the internet settings to default. This one has got me frustrated. It says on IE that cannot find page or dns error. I may also get an error message that it cannot open the search engine to find the address. It seems to me like a DNS problem but I cannot figure out how to approach this one anymore. Any help would be much appreciated.

I found the answer going thru the web at this website http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/win95/t1015947276
doing what they said did not exactly fix the problem but, at the end I looked thru those reg files were reinstalled I found that the settings were not correct. I compared those reg files to anouther computer I have also running windows 98 and found some big differences. Adjusted the settings to be the same and it logged right into web just perfect. Thanks to all the people that did look anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom