BSoD when I watch a youtube video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown XV

Baseband Member
Hello people,

I recently bought a new computer and it's been working flawlessly, but I gave my old computer to my mom and she's having issues with it now, seemingly out of nowhere. What happens occurs only when she tries to watch a youtube flash based video. As soon as the video starts to load, before you even see an image in the video box, the BSoD occurs.

Here is the information:

STOP: 0x0000008E
0xC0000005
0XBF9D8090
0xA8B36BE0
0x00000000

ATIVVAXX.Dll // Address BF9D8090 base at BF4c3000 datestamp 4e31d174

I've never seen this before. I can watch divx movies already on my computer, that works fine.

My mom's system:

CPU: Intel core 2 duo E8400 3.0 ghz
GPU: sapphire HD 4850
RAM: 2 GB DDR3 667 mhz
Motherboard: XFX 630i nforce
PSU: Corsair TX 750 watt

If anyone has an idea what the **** is going on I'd appreciate it. I'll try to reinstall the drivers in a bit, hopefully that works. The system is fully stable beyond this oddity. I really want to fix it so my mom has a good reliable computer.

disable GPU accelleration in flash.... right click the video and look through the options and disable GPU accel.

That works fine but I don't see any hardware acceleration option in there. Also, I uninstalled the drivers completely, even the catalyst, and reinstalled. Still the same thing happening.

What's more, I can play games, any game, without any crashes whatsoever. For hours. NO crashes at all in any shape or form, unless I try to load a youtube video. It makes no sense. How can a system be stable enough to play farcry 2 on high settings well, but crash 2 seconds after clicking a video link consistently?

Actually it worked for the first video, left it on that page for a few hours, then tried to load another and it crashed. So it's not even consistent just very frequent.

Would a 64 bit browser work on a 32 bit OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom