BSoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sum1nowhere

Baseband Member
I wasn't sure where to post this, but it happened after using CleanUp! from the spyware removing guide. So I am posting it here. First time it(BSoD) happened during the restart required after using CleanUp! got the blue screen of death. Then it happened 3 more times in one night. It says "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" OS is windows xp. Is there just some file that needs to be replaced? How should I begin to fix this? It seems to be happening pretty often. Thanks.

Does windows keep some kind of stop error log? So I can find the name of the file charles is talking about?

The only Log Windows keeps is the Minidump files which are stored in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder. But you need a specific program to be able to read them.

stop: 0x000000D1 (0xe2613000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xAA978cf6)

Is that it? I didnt see anything with .dll or .sys

Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Cause

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high.
This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.
If the first parameter has the same value as the fourth parameter, and the third parameter indicates an execute operation, this bug check was likely caused by a driver that was trying to execute code when the code itself was paged out. Possible causes for the page fault include the following:

• The function was marked as pageable and was running at an elevated IRQL (which includes obtaining a lock).
  • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
  • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.
  • The function call was made to a function in another driver, and that driver was unloaded.
  • The function was called by using a function pointer that was an invalid pointer.
There is a bad driver on the system.

Thanks! So now do I just do trial and error to find out what driver it is? Or is there some way to find out what it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom