browser error says scripts disabled and doesn't allow redirecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkden

Beta member
when I am logging into certain websites, I am temporarily re-directed to an error message page that says . . . you are viewing this page because your browser does not accept redirecting to URLs, please click here . . . . I also received an error page that said my browser has scripts disabled?
What can I do to correct this problem. I am using MS Internet Explorer 6.0 and I am only getting these errors when I am logged in as a certain user in Windows XP, but not on other users. Help?

do you have any antispy or popup blocker software running?
goto internet settings and see if anything can be changed.

rkden said:
* I am temporarily re-directed to an error message page
* I also received an error page that said my browser has scripts disabled?

Are you recieving a pop up windows style error messege or is it an actual webpage style error such as 404 for example.

Ill research and get back soon. Im guessing its your IE settings since it changes depending on the user you are logged in with. The scripts portion is probably the activeX scripts that are trying to run and its most likly disabled. brb.

EDIT
i cant find a reason why it wouldnt be redirecting properly- that could possibly be spyware which is a popular method those dirty spyware programmers use. *shrugs* i'll dunno. i look for a few more minutes though.

Now for the scripts- if using IE6 go to tools\options\security\custom level when that window opens you see at the top five sections designated for activeX TWO of those sections are referring to scripting. If the one that says "...scripts marked as safe..." is disabled it would generate a messege when you visit a site that tries to run a "safe" script. You should be fine enabling that. If that one is enabled but the "..not safe.." section is disabled then you are visiting a malacious(sp?) site that is trying to run a "not safe" activeX script- so the messege in this case would be a good thing. Also at the bottom there are a couple java sections mentioning scripts I believe. So if those are disabled im sure it would also generate a messege. So that should get you headed in the right direction. hope i helped at least a little bit. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom