Block Checker and Spyware.Starr dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azulfae

Solid State Member
Alrighty, i've been sorting out a computer for a friend of mine that has a Malware problem. The system was crammed with stuff, been running different scanners and such all week removing literally hundreds of viruses, spyware and bad registry items.

I've got it down to a final two articles which i just can't find on his hard drive, even with hidden folders made visible.

I just dunno how to find and remove these two programs.

Block Checker - C:\System Volume Information\_restore{22338271-F908-4789-8678-95C90DD1677B}\RP22\A0005236.exe

Spyware.Starr - C:\System Volume Information\_restore{22338271-F908-4789-8678-95C90DD1677B}\RP22\A0005239.DLL

Anyone know how to remove these?

Log found in the Hijack this log thread: (It's the second log in there)
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=99285

Start -> My computer -> View system Info -> Restore point -> checkmark turn off system restore and press apply.

Next repeat and this time uncheck the system restore. Then click apply.

Done
-blitze

Many thanks. That's a nifty trick to know.

It worked alright but i'm still getting pop ups on this system. The thing is riddled with spyware. I'm beginning to think a hard drive format and re-install is in order. I've been cleaning this hard drive for over a month now.

Azulfae,

Sorry I lost track of your log. If you still need help with this PC..post a NEW hijackthis log in your thread and I'll address it. Your older log contained several infections in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom