Beware of Independence Day Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Beware of Independence Day Scams

Researchers at ESET have issued a warning against opening e-mail or video attachments that have a 4th of July theme. As always, I know you guys wouldn't open attachments or click links to "fireworks show" but we all know friends and relatives that would. Pass the word.

Researchers at ESET have reliable intelligence that the Waledac botnet is currently being prepared for a spam campaign around the Independence Day theme. They have registered at least 18 domain names all related to the theme of video, fireworks, and Independence Day.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too worried about it though, I hardly ever get e-mails, when I do I only open them if I know who they are from, otherwise I just delete them (have to be careful about forwarded e-mails too, I don't get any of those though).

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not too worried about it though, I hardly ever get e-mails, when I do I only open them if I know who they are from, otherwise I just delete them (have to be careful about forwarded e-mails too, I don't get any of those though).

^ ^ ^ That is smart, safe practice. Smart man :cool:

I just check the links they provide. If they dont go directly to the site they claim to be from i dont bother clicking on them. Since i get so many emails now i have to make sure to check them all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom