Best Virus Protection for Dial-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekGoodson

In Runtime
Hey guys,
I have a customer that has brought in a 1999 Gateway desktop to me to reformat and reload... No Problem there. The problem that I have is when she plugs it into her dial-up connection, Avg is going to take 2.5 hours and is coming up with all kinds of errors... Is AVG not designed for Dial-up because of all the updating it has to do? What is it that I could use that doesn't have all the updating that is going to give a dial-up customer so much trouble?

Any Help here would be great....

Happy 4th!!!

you should go with Kaspersky Anti-Virus, its a fairly light program & works very well. then just set any updates to be done manually.

AVG isn't actually that good...its been getting mixed reviews for the last few years because it doesn't pick up half of what it used to...

Well I use GPRS to connect to the internet most of the time, dial-up is faster than it. And I use AVG as an antivirus- I must tell you that it takes little or no time to update- don't even realizing that is updating. Tell her to check her version and install a newer version and then update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom