Best Pop-UP blocker

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashar

Banned
here's my problem guys....when i leave my computer and come back a couple hours later, there are about 20 pop-ups on my screen even when i don't have a browser open. does anyone have a FREE and trustworthy program that i can download to stop these pop-ups from f****** up my computer. thanks

Try Ad-aware and spybot freeware. its the best so far and of course its free! juts try to search for it.
cheers.

for IE, i'd go woth the google toolbar. For elimenating the spyware, use spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware

I agree... google toolbar for control and kill your spyware... however, if you're using kazza I suggest being careful what you delete or it won't work any more... I have been using SHAREAZA as it doesn't have all that crap attached.

I use Opera .. it's an awesome browser n' blocks all pop ups too ...

I also like Crazybrowser .. it's a nice clean n' small browser ..that works of IE

Avant Browser, Mozilla, Opera, etc. all feature popup killers. It's up to you to make the switch, and the Google Toolbar works fairly well for IE, but at the same time, it doesn't actually eliminate IE's security loopholes. ;)

Martin said:
Google Toolbar works fairly well for IE, but at the same time, it doesn't actually eliminate IE's security loopholes. ;)

Well saidas things like cws hijacks are targeted at the holes in IE and there are many.

ravenmadtaoist said:
I agree... google toolbar for control and kill your spyware... however, if you're using kazza I suggest being careful what you delete or it won't work any more... I have been using SHAREAZA as it doesn't have all that crap attached.
Shareaza really slow..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom