Best AV for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Method

In Runtime
Right well I am building my new rig and the last part will be ariving next week and then I can go ahead and build.

But what I have forgot to add to my list of things is an AV!

So what is the best AV software for gaming wise but still offers good protection and up to date definitions?

I had Norton on an old PC which was very annoying but I 'could' bare with that. I currently have McAfee on this which absolutely sucks monkey nuts. Not in its security way, but just how annoying and in the way it gets. And Was thinking about getting AVG as its free but have heard taht the definitions are very out of date for it.

Suggestions?

Cheers

- Will

I run Eset's Nod32. Minimal resources, one of the top AVs around. TrendMicro is another killer one.

Hmm they look nice. Trend micro is the cheapest of the two.

Which is the best in your opinion? Or would Trendmicro be just as good?

Hello,

NOD32 and Eset are among the top rated Firewall/Security suites out there. Trend Micro is good as well. Some sites list TrendMicro a bit higher. But i personally prefer Eset Smart Security above TrendMicro. It is much easier to use and customize for your needs in my opinion.

Cheers,
Mak

Cheers mate.

Think I'll go with the trend micro as it saves me some needed bees and honey, already over my bloody budget set out just building the rig XD

- Will

Firewalls/antiviruses aren't really useful enough to pay money for IMO. I'd just get avg. I have ZoneAlarm security suite but I didn't buy it.

NOD32! Doesnt slow your system down like some of the others. AVG is also good because its free. Avast! is good too. One of those, I use NOD32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom