Best Anti-Virus For Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arck

Beta member
Now my trial of McAfee is almost out for my laptop. I am looking for a good AV program that will meet my needs. I am not the average, no-nothing about computers person, so I would know if it seemed like I was walking into something malicious. McAfee seems like a pretty bulgy program and when I start my PC it has between 50-60 processes running, and I know that McAfee takes up a lot of that. I would like to cut back on these processes if possible but still have an AV in the wings once my trial runs out. Now I got a Dell Inspiron 6400 and a 3 month trial came with it. That is almost up so I need to start finding a replacement. I run ad-aware and spybot for sypware problems and I assume windows firewall would suffice for a firewall. I am really not looking into buying a complete suite.

Thanks for the help.

first of all mcaffee dont take up 23 to 30 processes. I would suggest going thru my guide and then either using avast or avg but if you want to buy one use Symantec Antivirus 10 Corporate Edition

I gurantee I don't have that much spyware. Now I did not do a complete wipe of my PC when I recieved it at the end of august, I just un-installed most of the crapware. I went through your list and the only program I had on the list off add/remove was Viewpoint Media Player and I ditched that as soon as I saw it. I refuse to use IE, therefore use Firefox. I doupt that the extra processes are spyware. Would it help if I listed the processes during start up? I have already went through and disabled start-up apps, and I could also say the ones I still have running. Thanks for the help.

use zonealarm or comodo for your firewall both are free.

for anti virus if you want to pay then as warez said symantec corporate edition 10 is the best in my opinion. If you want free anti virus software use AVG,AVAST or ANTIVIR.

check my sig for downloads

On my personal experience norton is too much of a resource hog even if its firewall is decent.

Although symantec corp edition which is the same company is a joy to use so its baffling.

F-secure caused me problems blocked some apps from working so i avoid it I might try it at another time if it improves.

Kaspersky antivirus is good, Been using it for 3 years and never had a single virus get through. It doesn't use much resources either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom