best anti-virus, firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
whats the best firewall and anti-virus on the market if possible i want an all in one product like nornton eg firewall anti virus all in one

very good firewall

well if your real into keeping your computer in ship-shape then i would recomend using seperate programs for seperate things such as a firewall and a anti-virus program...i would suggest the zonealarm firewall. its free and its easy to use and its very good. you can download it here Zone Alarm
like i said its a simple and powerfull FW that ive had for years and has kept me mostly clean. as for a anti-virus i have 3. and there all free/easy and great. #1 adaware se personal. this is an easy free program for getting most malware out. #2 is AVG FREE this is a great virus remover that youll here about alot on various forums. and #3 is spybot search and destroy, this is a very high rated and usefull tool for destroying "spyware" and other stubborn things. these are all high rated and i think many will agree that its a sweet setup. well heres the links, if you decide to use them make sure you update them before each use to get out the newest of malware. Adaware se
AVG Anti-Virus
Spybot search and destroy

if you have any questions about the programs or anything please just ask. :) hope it helped

zone alarm security suite. Its a reasonable price, and detects everything! Doesnt use alot of system resources ether.

Re: very good firewall

mitchman said:
well if your real into keeping your computer in ship-shape then i would recomend using seperate programs for seperate things such as a firewall and a anti-virus program...i would suggest the zonealarm firewall. its free and its easy to use and its very good. you can download it here Zone Alarm
like i said its a simple and powerfull FW that ive had for years and has kept me mostly clean. as for a anti-virus i have 3. and there all free/easy and great. #1 adaware se personal. this is an easy free program for getting most malware out. #2 is AVG FREE this is a great virus remover that youll here about alot on various forums. and #3 is spybot search and destroy, this is a very high rated and usefull tool for destroying "spyware" and other stubborn things. these are all high rated and i think many will agree that its a sweet setup. well heres the links, if you decide to use them make sure you update them before each use to get out the newest of malware. Adaware se
AVG Anti-Virus
Spybot search and destroy

this is a good setup
also add SPYWARE BLASTER

Spyware Blaster click here

I like Avast, tests show it to be just as good as mcafee and its free. I don't really like zone alarm, instead sygate is supposed to be more secure and I all around likes it better but it is much more advanced and is hard to use if you don't know what your doing. Other things that are good to have is Hijack this, ad-aware se, spybot, spyware blaster, ccleaner(cleans out registry, including bad entrees that norton couldnt get rid of when i used to have it), and microsoft anti-spyware. All this is free, and prob the best stuff you can get right now.

yeah

yes those are all good but keep in mind if you have to sugnifigant anti-virus programs you can get false results. but not with an AV program and a spyware removal program, thats why spybot and adaware are so **** great, also avg does wonders with finding serious trojans. most are in the system restore so they come back and newbs blame it on avg for not removing the trojan but reallt it just restores. ok well please use the setup i have because its a great one. also use spyware blaster and ccleaner. ok well use those and youll be great..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom