Best anti virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antivir. Runs in the backround silently and makes you forget it's even there. Disable the messenger service in msconfig services and you wont have a annoying icon next to your firewall etc.

Also i find ie6 is very virus-spyware prone. Disable scripting of activeX to make your system much tougher to get virus, spyware. Or download ie7 or use firefox-opera. Check if your vulnerable here.
Disabling ActiveX and Java in Internet Explorer

Kaspersky hands down, you can get a 30 day trial of Kaspersky on there website

someone should do a test, which antivirus finds more viruses Kasp or Node32

Zonealarm recently changed their AV and Spyware engine to Kaspersky's so they are very good as well

I'm going to post a couple AVG questions in here instead of starting a new thread.

1. Each time I scan with AVG the very first thing to come up is an error in which AVG is unable to scan the boot sector. Anyone else getting this or found a workaround?

2. I've read from a few places that a you increase risk of being attacked the more ports you open in your FIREWALL, or the more exceptions you add in your firewall. These ports & exceptions are tiny holes in your firewall for certain programs to work, but also can be vulnerabilities making it easier for one to hack into your system.

Many Anti-Virus products add 1 or 2 exceptions to the firewall, AVG adds 4. Would you consider that a bit of a security risk, however minor, and anyone disabled any of these exceptions?

Sorry for the weird questions but inside AVG there is a register button you must hit to register to be able to post in their forums, which does not work for me at all so I wanted to check to see if anyone can comment on these questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom