Bad virus- affects almost everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortThrow

Baseband Member
Somehow a fake anti-virus installed itself on my computer. When it initially struck it went through the act of not being able to close. It jacked up my CPU usage as well as memory. My Laptop got to warm I had to immediately shut it off.

I turned my laptop back on a few minutes later only to discover that my computer was totally ****ed. Here is a list of symptoms:

1) Task Manager disabled
2) System Restore disabled
3) Regedit disabled
4) CAN'T RUN ANY PROGRAMS!

Here's a weird note- Firefox and AVG-Free both work oddly, but AVG has found nothing. I cannot download, install or run any other program or I would be trying my other spyware/antivirus software. Also note, these symptoms persist in SAFEMODE.

Thoughts? Thanks all

scan in a portable environment. superantispyware and mbam.
or, if it's bad enough try to find kaspersky rescue disc. it'll take a long time but it'll boot it's own environment and update/scan from there.
i remove those viruses daily, they usually seem worse than they are.
let me know how it works out for you.

edit:
the above is just to get you into safe mode...

scan in a portable environment. superantispyware and mbam.
or, if it's bad enough try to find kaspersky rescue disc. it'll take a long time but it'll boot it's own environment and update/scan from there.
i remove those viruses daily, they usually seem worse than they are.
let me know how it works out for you.

edit:
the above is just to get you into safe mode...

I tried superanti spyware and it caught a few things but didn't solve the problem. Interestingly enough I can open superantispyware, avg free and firefox but nothing else. Not even a PDF.

I tried superanti spyware and it caught a few things but didn't solve the problem. Interestingly enough I can open superantispyware, avg free and firefox but nothing else. Not even a PDF.

download hiren's boot cd, i think 10.1 is the latest version.
once you have that, boot into it's windows environment and run whatever it has on there for antimalware.
alternatively, you could make your own ubcd4win, which has the option to include spybot, mbam, stinger, avast, hijackthis, superantispyware, dialafix, combofix, i think asquared, etc.

oh! and if you haven't tried already, download combofix and rename it to something random like "7777777", then try to run it. combofix is actually what we really want to run here, these other steps are only to get you to a point where you can run combofix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom