A BAD Tip regarding viruses

robinhoodsnr

Banned
Dunno if anyone here has already posted it, but here is a good tip when dealing with viruses...

If you cant get your anti-virus program to work ( especially if you work from a flash drive ), rename whatever program you use to "explorer.exe"...Why? Cause if there is ONE program viruses ALWAYS allows to run, is a file called "explorer.exe"...that's why they ( the viruses ) usually call themselves Explorer.exe as without explorer, viruses don't mean anything...

Re: a Great tip regarding Viruses

hmm I cannot test this as I do not have a virus however I might try it when I get one thanks :)

hmm I cannot test this as I do not have a virus however I might try it when I get one thanks :)

PS: just remember, that AFTER you have named your antivirus of choice to "explorer.exe" and RUN it, obviously you'll have 2 explorer.exe's running under "processes"....so don't get a fright....lol

Dunno if anyone here has already posted it, but here is a good tip when dealing with viruses...

If you cant get your anti-virus program to work ( especially if you work from a flash drive ), rename whatever program you use to "explorer.exe"...Why? Cause if there is ONE program viruses ALWAYS allows to run, is a file called "explorer.exe"...that's why they ( the viruses ) usually call themselves Explorer.exe as without explorer, viruses don't mean anything...

Here is a better idea, remove the infection. Why sit there and waste the time renaming all the processes when you dont even know what the infection will do or is doing. Great idea telling people how to get around an infection while still leaving it allowing the infection to cause more damage. Possibly steal their identity. Maybe these people are doing online banking and this suggestion will cause the infection to steal their information.

Great job suggesting a way for people to cause more damage to themselves personally than just taking the time to remove the infection.

Topic Closed. Worst suggestion ever!

Back
Top Bottom